Friday, February 24, 2012

Andantino in G two ways

One more for Joan:

I just wanted to post these to keep you motivated; it's two videos of two people playing the same piece: Andantino in G by Ferdinando Carulli. It's one of the first full pieces I ever learned, and might be your first too! It's very pretty and fairly easy.

Andantino is actually an Italian tempo marking, and 'G' refers to the key the piece is written in; G Major to be exact. But there are a bunch of pieces in beginning classical guitar literature that seem to be named after the tempo markings andantino and andante. I'm not sure why that is.

Anyways, pay attention to how each person plays the piece. Try to ignore the reverb that the second man with the fancy robot microphone uses, and just pay attention to how each person plays. Put any thoughts in the comments, and we'll talk about it next week.

Good luck with getting the guitar situation squared away!



No comments:

Post a Comment